Friday, February 24, 2012

Brokenness


We all have our times of brokenness, seasons where we feel dry and weary and could use that drink of water to refresh our spirits. We are broken, but yet beautiful so, and I believe that God uses that brokenness of ours to rely on Him, the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords. The God who is able to do exceedingly abundantly beyond all we can ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20). He uses that brokenness to bless us, to help us grow, to keep our eyes focused on Him.

In that point of desperation He hears our hearts cry, and our plea for help.

Psalm 40 says "I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the LORD and put their trust in him."

I love the book of Psalms of David because of the openness and rawness of it all. He was a man after God's own heart, a God that cares for our troubles and concerns and thoughts more than anything. Many of David's psalms are extremely encouraging to me.

I just think that in our times of brokenness, comfort is there. And that is in the name of Jesus. He will NEVER leave us nor forsake us.

Psalm 34:18 "The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit".

1 comment: